Brother and Sister

22:39 kelvin 0 Comments


I was the only child in my family back then, as the only child I used to received all the love and care from my parents and allow myself to indulge into the happiness world when I knew I don't need to worry about anything or anyone would steal the spotlight from me.

My father would used to bought some toys, coloring books for me in random days which keep me exciting whenever I heard his footstep after work. While my mother would played with me in her free time. She would patted my back when I sleep that made me feel comfortable and safe.

Back then, I'd believe I am the happiest child in the world that no one would steal my parents' love from me. But, it was only till 2002 where my little sister was born.

Some children would eventually hated their younger siblings just because they are jealous that their parents would paid more attention and time to the newborn babies. For me, I just pretend like it is not something big or major on the surface, but truth to be told I am very excited to see my little sister in the hospital.

Having a sibling inevitably changed my life especially I had been the only child for a long time, I don't know how to take care of her, I don't know how to act around her (I have to be extra cautious not to wake her up or to hurt her). Back then, I would get a lecture from my parents to be told that I should not do this or that because I have to consider and thinking about my sister.

Despite all that, I still tried to earn some likeness from my sister, maybe I am jealous whenever I saw my sister playing happily with my parents I want to be a good brother for her, someone that she likes and would like to play with. That's when I tried to played all her favorite kid songs in the DVD player, opened her favorite kid show in television and so on.

At first she was reluctant, but in the end, we end up begin not too good but not too bad sibling relationships, which is considered acceptable for me since I can't forced her to liked me.

When she was 6,7 years old that when all the hate begins. Children in that ages like to ask all sort of questions and it was driving me crazy. When I played console games, she would asked all questions in her mind, when I was doing homework, she would asked questions again. 

Asking questions repeatedly makes me angry, I don't like people asking me question when I am focus on doing a certain task. This theory not only applied to my sister but to anyone, my friend once complaint that I like to ignore people when they ask me some questions. But this is how I am and it can't be changed. 

She keeps asking me questions till one point I could not hold my angered any longer and yelled "I wish I never had a sister in my life" and my mother immediately scolded me for being horrible person and ignore me for a good couple days. 

In case you are still reading and wonder, yes I am regret to said those awful words, but what are said cannot be taken back. Because after couple of years, we become a good friend to each other.

After that incident, she tried to avoid asking me a quite of number of questions anymore, In the same time, I learned how to respect her as well. The key to good siblings is mutual respect, the very same way of being a good friends. Sibling is like a good friends with an extra feeling of safely, they'll protect you no matter what. It is the blood that brings us together in this crazy world. 

Argues, conflicts and dramas happened all the time when we are trying to learned what each other prefer or disgust, it is unavoidable. The more the hardships we face together, the stronger the relationship we have.  

They said that if you can sing comfortably even though there is another person around you, then the person must be someone close to you. And this is how close my sister and I are now. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: