Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake and Yeri

22:46 kelvin 0 Comments

Lalalalalalalalala~ Oh Vanilla choco honey with a cherry on top~



Seriously, after Red Velvet released their new music video, "Ice Cream Cake", on YouTube. I've been addicted to it. I hummed it on my car, inside office, when I am bored. It just can't stop.


For the song "Automatic", yes it is classic, and smooth. But I will listen to it only when I am prepare to go to sleeping. I need to stress that, Red Velvet vocal members such as Wendy 



& Seulgi


Did not show out their vocal so much in Ice Cream Cake though.

Like even the main vocal have only four solo lines throughout the song. And the entire time is all members singing together. But the good news is Irene and Joy can shine out their rapping talents, (bias to rappers!)  even though in their debut song "Happiness", it shows how decent are their rapping skill already. But this time, I think they got the limelight of the song.




And for the new member, Yeri, I browsed through comment section of YouTube, apparently many people thinking she has no contribute to the group, no position in the group or still not prepare to debut as well. To me, it seems that every time when a group regardless of male or female, it is confirmed that there will be controversy about it.



Crazy fans or netizens will stated that the group is already perfect! Why the hell the company would want to add a new member to it? This new member will steal the spotlight of the original members! And other reasons as well.

At first, I had mixed feelings towards Yeri too. I prefer Joy as the maknae, I want the original four members get the spotlight as they deserve (no need to share a part of verse to new member). On the radio show video published on YouTube, I hardly can listen to her voice too. (Even on her solo line)

But after some time I thought, hey people, give time to this new girl okay? She is only 16 years old, I mean what are you doing when you are 16 years old? Laying on your bed, study for school and enjoy social life, right? Because I am like that too. But Yeri she already has an occupation, receive recognition from world and begin to earn income as well. We should give her some time to show her vocal, rapping or even dancing skill.



Besides that, she also gone through a lot of training before debut too. I mean if you are a KPOP fan you should being a trainee is not easy, they need to go through a lot of tests and nailed them. If they fail, maybe they will face the fate of being eliminate or delay for the debut. And to think SM Entertainment training should be super strict and hard, as it is one of the biggest entertainment company in Korea. SM Entertainment write in the description box which stated that Yeri is capable of vocal, rapping and dancing which definitely is a strong asset to the group in the video which introduce Yeri as the new member of Red Velvet on YouTube.

Maybe you can't see the contribute or potential of Yeri during their performance, but Joy had mentioned that the Yeri has brighten up the group even since she joined. At least, they feel Yeri is a good addition to the group! Plus, she is so cute when smiling, how can you hate her?



You Might Also Like

0 comments: